Home Health -
Adventist Home Health Care
Northwest Senior Disabilities Services - can help you find the services you need.
Hospice Care - Home-based palliative care services are provided within one's county of residence regardless of where your physician is located.
*One must have been given 6 months or less to live by a physician.
*One can come and go from the program but when on it, medications and treatments are not intended to prolong life but rather are limited to those that ease the dying process. When in crisis the call is to Hospice, not to EMT's or the hospital.
*There is no residental hospice in our communities at this time.
A short uTube video from the Tillamook website
Clatsop County - Lower Columbia Hospice -
Their website has a really good FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section that explains hospice service in more detail.
Death with Dignity
Oregon Law allows a person who is terminally ill to choose to take medication to end their own life. Obtaining legal permission and a prescription requires certification from 2 physicians and then a two week waiting period.
* End of Life Choices - This organization"provides personal support and information regarding the Death With Dignity Act and other legal end of life options to Oregonians facing end of life decisions, to the medical community and to the public.” We do have volunteers who are available in Tillamook and Clatsop Counties and we know of at least one physician in Tillamook County who may be available to consult.
* Film: Living and Dying: A Love Story" - A critically ill older couple decide to end their lives. Their family's beautiful process is filmed by their daughters and edited into a moving whole.
Cremation & Burial Services
* Tillamook - Wauds Funeral Home
* Seaside/Astoria - Hughes-Ransom Mortuary
* Seaside/Astoria - Caldwell's Luce-Layton Morturary
* Portland - Oregon Cremations - comes highly recommended and more inexpensive
There are other options some of us are beginning to explore
including Green Burials and Doing it Ourselves....
* Art of Aging